Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: The Forever of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen

The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2)

The Forever of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen
Release Date: May 28, 2013
Format: eARC, 336 pages
Publisher: Forever
Series: The Secret #2
Source: NetGalley

Description from Goodreads:
Ella and Micha have survived tragedy and heartbreak. When they're together, anything seems possible. But now they are thousands of miles apart, and managing their long distance relationship will put their love to the test.

Ella is back at school, trying hard not worry so much about her future. But with her father in and out of rehab, she's having a hard time making it through the days. All she wants is Micha by her side, but she refuses to let her problems get in the way of his dreams.

Micha spends his days touring the country with his band, but deep down he knows something is missing. Being away from Ella is harder than he thought it would be. He wants her closer to him-needs her with him. But he won't ask her to leave college, just to be with him.

The few moments they do spend together are intense and passionate, but it only makes it more difficult when they have to part. They know they want to be together, but is wanting something enough to get them to their forever?


Ever since I read The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden, I have adored Jessica Sorensen. So since I had The Secret of Ella & Micha on my Kindle already, I decided to check it out. After reading it, I didn't think it was as great as Callie & Kayden. I was, however, looking forward to finding out what would happen next in Ella & Micha's story in this one.

I'm glad to say that I enjoyed this book more than I did THE SECRET. This isn't my favorite book ever, but it was certainly one I liked reading and was a nice continuation (and ending? I think this was the last actual Ella & Micha book) of Ella & Micha's story.

Character Rundown:
Ella: You see, I'm not a fan of Ella. She has issues. I get that. But it irritated me how she kept going back to THE SAME THINGS and using THE SAME REASONS. Goodness.

Micha: I will never stop swooning for this boy. He's just so incredibly sweet. He's, like, a tough guy, but NOT. He just...is what he needs to be while still totally being himself, and I adore the crap out of that. Micha...he's my boy. <3

I have to say that Luke rocks my world, too. He was so freaking hilarious!

Plot. Some of it was the same old same old we saw in THE SECRET, but then other parts were nice to see because it was them moving forward and becoming things. I was worried reading the synopsis of this book because it seemed like they'd be apart a bunch, but really they're not. It's about them finding a way to be together and stay together and to be OKAY with that, completely. It's just...it was wonderful.

Romance. I love this couple. Which is weird, because I don't completely understand why Micha sticks with Ella so much. But then again, I do. It's a very conflicting thing. I love it, but I want to slap it at the same time. Which probably makes no sense, but I'll sum it up here for you: I APPROVE. <3

The ending. This ending felt extremely abrupt. It's not that I didn't like it--as I said, I approve--but I was hoping for seeing more of their life together. So, I like! But I wanted more.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, mostly for the sweetness. It's not my favorite book ever, but it's definitely something I liked, especially compared to the first book. Probably because Ella & Micha were more TOGETHER in this book. I like the togetherness. It's all sweet and stuff. :)


♥Jessica(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!